NAS-HD • Helodunker, Advanced Sinking and Survival
Course overview, aim and structure
The aim of this programme is to provide delegates knowledge of emergency equipment on boarding of aircraft (helicopter etc.), knowledge of sea survival techniques, rescue swimming techniques, recovery castaway and skills required in the event of a helicopter ditching - with specific focus on escaping from a submersed helicopter.
The course is in Italian or, on request, in English.
• A valid, current offshore medical certificate; or
• an operator approved medical certificate.
The course focuses on the following elements:
• general principles of sea survival;
• individual and collective rescue equipment;
• emergency situations at sea;
• psychology of the emergency and rescue;
• rescue swimming techniques;
• helicopter safety and escape;
• actions to prepare for an helicopter ditching and an emergency landing;
• escape techniques from the helicopter escape simulator (surface, partially submerged and capsized);
• use the emergency breathing system;
• use the survival aircraft equipment;
• first aid.
Items to bring
All delegates will bring swimwear, towel and slippers.
CFO Certificate will be issued on attending all the theoretical and practical lessons and on successfully passing the final test.
CFO - Via Bonvicini 14, Mezzano (RA) - Italy.