SSM OFF • Personal Survival Techniques
(STCW Personal Survival Techniques: STCW A-VI/1-1)
This course is designed to teach you what to need in the unlikely event that you have to abandon ship/platform.
Aim and structure
You will learn about preparation for sea survival, muster stations and alarms, lifejackets, flares, types of liferaft and their contents as well as how to use all of the survival equipment available.
The course is in Italian or, on request, in English.
• A valid, current offshore medical certificate; or
• an operator approved medical certificate.
• Safety induction.
• Complying with emergency procedures.
• Action to take on discovering a potential emergency.
• Correct use of personal safety equipment (individual and collective lifesaving).
• Communication protocols used to increase safety and make the rescue in offshore easier.
Items to bring
Clothing for pool (swimwear, towel and slippers).
On successful getting through the training programme, it’s issued the certificate Personal survival techniques.
Validity 5 years.
CFO - Via Bonvicini 14, Mezzano (RA) - Italy.